Connecting your WiZ lights to your phone allows you to control your home’s lighting from anywhere, set schedules, and even create custom lighting scenes. This process is done through the WiZ app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to connect your WiZ lights to your phone:
1. Download the WiZ app: You can find the WiZ app in the App Store or Google Play Store on your smartphone. Install the app on your phone.
2. Connect to the right Wi-Fi network: Ensure your phone is connected to your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. WiZ lights do not support 5GHz networks.
3. Set up the lights in the WiZ app: Open the WiZ app and create a new home. Add a room and then add a device. Select ‘Lamp’ as the device type.
4. Pair the lights: Enter the password of your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and tap ‘Smart Pairing’. This will link all the lights within your Wi-Fi network. Ensure that the lights are getting power. If the light doesn’t connect, turn the light off and on again 3 times in a row. If the light flashes, repeat this step.
5. Manual connection: If the app doesn’t find the light automatically, select ‘Connect manually’. Go to your Wi-Fi settings and connect to WiZConfig_XXXX. Go back to the WiZ app, wait for a bit, and then tap ‘Join’ in the pop-up.
6. Customize your lights: Once you’ve set up your lights, you can adjust them in the WiZ app. Choose lighting scenes or create personal profiles, for example. You can also set certain routines.
Remember, your phone and the WiZ lights should be on the same Wi-Fi network for the setup process.
Why WiZ Light not Connecting to the Phone?
If your WiZ light is not connecting to your phone, there could be several reasons for this. Here are some common issues and their solutions:
Incorrect Wi-Fi Network: WiZ lights only work with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks. If your phone is connected to a 5GHz network, the lights will not connect. Make sure your phone is connected to the correct network.
Distance from Router: If your WiZ light is too far from your router, it may not be able to connect. Try moving the light closer to the router or use a Wi-Fi extender to increase the range of your network.
Power Supply: Ensure that the WiZ light is properly powered. If the light is not turning on, it may not be receiving power.
App Issues: If the WiZ app is not working properly, it may not be able to connect to the lights. Try closing and reopening the app, or uninstalling and reinstalling it.
Reset the Light: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to reset the light. To do this, turn the light off and on again three times in a row. If the light flashes, it has been reset and is in pairing mode.
Firewall or Security Settings: Sometimes, your router’s firewall or security settings can prevent the WiZ lights from connecting. Check your router’s settings to ensure they are not blocking the connection.
Remember, if you continue to have issues, you can always reach out to WiZ’s customer support for further assistance.
Frequently Ask Questions
Can I use wiz light without Wi-Fi?
Wiz lights, like many smart lights, primarily operate using a Wi-Fi connection for remote control, scheduling, and integration with other smart devices. Without Wi-Fi, you can still use Wiz lights as regular light bulbs by turning them on and off using the physical light switch. However, you won’t be able to use smart features such as remote control, scheduling, or voice control through smart home assistants like Google Home or Amazon Alexa.
If you’re looking for a way to control your Wiz lights without Wi-Fi, you might consider using a Wizmote, a remote control specifically designed for Wiz lights. This allows you to control the lights without needing a Wi-Fi connection. However, the Wizmote has a limited range and doesn’t offer the full range of smart features that you get with a Wi-Fi connection.
Does WiZ use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi?
WiZ lights primarily use Wi-Fi for their connectivity. They connect to your home’s 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network, allowing you to control them through the WiZ app on your smartphone or tablet. This Wi-Fi connection also enables the use of features like remote control from anywhere in the world, scheduling, and integration with other smart home systems.
WiZ lights do not use Bluetooth for their connectivity. This means you don’t need to be within a certain range to control them, as you would with Bluetooth devices. As long as your device is connected to the internet, you can control your WiZ lights from anywhere.